Stats

Monday, July 10, 2017

beach to boardwalk

Remember me saying (in this post) that I was going to share more swimsuit styles this summer?!?! Well this post definitely captured my typical beach style in my new FAVORITE swimsuit! However, that's not all, because in this post I am sharing how I take my summer look from beach to boardwalk (or jetty, or shop, or cafe, etc.) because a swimsuit can be so much more than a swimsuit :) 
Suit: c/o Jessica Rey
BEACH
In the summer we all find ourselves at the beach! With that, comes the struggle of finding a suit we like, that fits our standards and that is over all "cute" in our own style terms. I even recently shared some of my favorite modest swimsuits on the blog, but out of them all this darling gingham number from Jessica Rey has to be my favorite of all time! This suit checks EVERY box on my swimsuit list, the print is to die for, the fit is perfection, and the retro details are spectacular! Definitely don't even want to take this suit off so on to exploring the sand dunes and snapping some pictures we went! 
And since I love it so much, just because the day at the beach ends, that doesn't mean its the end of you wearing my cute swimsuit, because beach to boardwalk style is TOTALLY a thing and I love to restyle my suit for a walk around ocean or seaside towns. 
Skirt: Thrifted
Sandals: Modcloth
Sunglasses: c/o Madewell
BOARDWALK/JETT
The great thing about one piece suits, or tankinis is that you can easily wear them as regular clothing (seriously, no one will even know its a swimsuit) so grab your favorite culottes, shorts, or in my case a denim button front skirt and take your suit from the beach to your next adventure! 
I think we often get caught up in wearing clothes for what they are originally made for that we loose our ability to recreate their purpose, but summer is the perfect time to play with this style! This particular suit works splendidly well as a summer shirt so there's no need to pack an extra change of clothes (which is another bonus if I do say so myself), just grab a skirt, your favorite pair of sandals, shades, and maybe a hat and your off to the next destination. 
Have you ever worn you swimsuit in a creative way?
What's your ultimate boardwalk look?
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment