Stats

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Checked out in red, white, and blue

Dress: Me Made
Belt: Vintage
Basket: Thrifted (Vintage)
Hat: Forever 21
Necklace: Kendra Scott
4 days till Fourth of July and I can't wait! I don't know why Fourth of July is such a fun holiday? Maybe it's because of the American heritage, the festive dishes, the red white and blue, patriotic prints, fireworks, get together's or backyard BBQ's but I always look forward to July 4th! 
This year I will be going to the Freedom Over Texas concert event in Houston with my sister and some friends, and as is the case every July (see my past two years here, and here) , I have been brainstorming ideas for what I will wear and finally settled on making myself this navy gingham dress:) 
Since I knew it would be a bit much to persuade my sister to take pictures of my outfit on the 4th I decided to do a fun backyard picnic photo shoot:) I guess you can tell that I have a "small" gingham obsession, and this shoot definitely went overboard on the gingham in all the patriotic red, white, and blue glory! Nevertheless, it was a dream styling everything for this picnic and I wish I could do this every day. 
When I was taking these pictures I couldn't help thinking back to when I was younger....traipsing around in the backyard barefoot, playing make believe, and grabbing treats for a picnic.....those really were the glory days! To be honest, looking back at these pictures I can't help thinking that they encompass everything I dream of summer being....youthful, adventurous, full of sunshine, fresh fruit, bubbly french lemonade, and soaking up the beauty of the outdoors. Maybe it's because these pictures capture my personality so well, enjoying the the little things with a flair of style, kicking off my shoes, and taking it slow while reflecting on life....whatever the case my be, this is the perfect setting for this Introvert and I need to start making picnics a frequent thing in my life! 
Also, future reference to my future husband (whomever he might be), but this is probably my #1 idea for the perfect date (insert a winking fave emoji).....
What are your plans for the 4th?
Are you a fan of picnics?
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment