Stats

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

// Throw Back Thursday // Outfits Edition

Skirt: Minnie's Menagerie//Shirt: Minnie's Menagerie//Necklace:Vintage//Shoes:Target
With wifi at a dead standstill in my dorm room this post is up later than anticipated. Thankfully though, I had typed this post up before my connections died and thus was off to the campus coffee shop after Chemistry this morning to wrap up this post while enjoying a chocolate chip bagel with peanut butter and a warm Mocha.....ah the joys and trials of technology and college life:) 
Since I have not taken any outfit pictures this week (and because I have been getting settled back into college) I thought I would do another TBT post, since I haven't done one in awhile. On that note, I was going through my pictures and decided it would be fun to share some outfit pictures that I never did share on the blog (because they were taken before I started a blog) and so here are a vast array of outfit pictures of me from when I was 16 to my high school graduation (crazy to think it has been that long). 
I realized that when I first got into wearing vintage I used to wear my hair in victory rolls, curls, and scarves all the time. Evidently I have become a little lazy (understatement) when it comes to doing my hair up in a vintage style, and I really need to get back into styling my hair more vintage. Anyways, lets talk a little bit about these outfits! 
The first set was one of my favorite ensembles when I first started wearing vintage. This was actually the outfit I wore to my first day of class when I started dual credit. I can confidently say that I was being true to myself and have pretty much kept that up:)
Sweater Set: Thrifted//Skirt: Thrifted//Tights: Ballet//Shoes: Grandmas
Now this outfit is one of my faves! I actually don't think I have worn this combination in about 2 years. However, it is another one of those ensembles that looked all out vintage from my hair down to my shoes and that is probably why I love it so much. The more I look at my hair the more I miss those victory rolls...I need to bring these back in my hairstyles!
Sweater: Thrifted//Skirt:Thrifted//Belt:Vintage//Shoes:Swing Dance Shoes Furthermore when your dad comes from an old country town you have to go take pictures after church when you are visiting for the weekend. However, as much as I could go on about the perfect brick walls for picture taking I will just talk a little about this ensemble before I move on. I love the combination of red, white, and black that this ensemble combines but my favorite part is the shoes. These are actually dancing shoes that I got on my birthday while at the annual Square Dance Hoedown. Lets just say they are SUPER comfortable and perfect for a 1950's or 1940's look (hopefully they will hit the blog in a real post sometime soon). 
Dress: Thrifted//Sweater: Mom's//Necklace:Thrifted//Scarf: Vintage
Next, is one of the outfits I wore for my senior pictures. I decided to take pictures in ensembles from my favorite eras....thus this one was for the 1950's. I wore a fun lime green dress that I had refashioned to be my size. Of course if you are going to visit your local old fashioned soda fountain during the photo shoot you just throw on a few more colors, grab a milkshake, and snap a few pictures while you are at it. 
Blouse: Minnie's Menagerie// Jacket: Thrifted//Skirt: Minnie's Menagerie //Hat: Vintage//Gloves:Vintage//Purse:Vintage
Last but not least, is my 1940's look that I chose for senior photos. Sadly, this isn't an outfit that I would wear on a regular basis, but when doing a 1940's photo shoot this works perfectly! I have always loved this polka-dot blouse that was my Granny Minnie's. And I must not forget about the hat, which by the way has only been worn in these photos, but I don't think that I could pull it off any other time :)
Well....I guess that is all for now. I hope to get back into the swing of things for blogging amidst my collage schedule and venturing out on campus with my camera and trypod. Let us hope that next week will prove more fruitful as for coming out with an original post!! Until next week:)
Do you like TBT posts?
Which outfit is your favorite?
P.S. Check out this weeks post on STANDOUTgirl Here

No comments:

Post a Comment