Stats

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

//Review// Brijee Pattern's Linden Lady Palazzo Pants

Top: Thrifted
Pants: Brijee Pattern's Linden Lady Palazzo Pants
Shoes: Payless
Necklace: Vintage
Sunglasses: Found them on the beach (awesome right!)
Hat: Hand me down
Purse: Goodwill 
**Pictures by Me**
When Brigid of Boyer Family Singers emailed me and asked if I would review her new and improved standard size 0-18 Linden Lady Palazzo Pants pattern I of course responded "OH MY GOSH.....YES!" Needless to say I was over the moon to get my hands on a Brijee Pattern as Brigid is one of the most talented seamstresses I know and her pattern skills have inspired me ever since she first announced the creation of the Linden Lady Palazzo Pants pattern. 
Brijee Patterns are a download which you pull up straight from a PDF file on your computer, print out, and assemble yourself! I must say the whole process of printing and assembling the pattern was such fun for me as this was my first computer download pattern and I was so looking forward to the experience......it's soooooo easy and even more fun!
I think one of my favorite things about the Linden Lady Palazzo Pants pattern, besides their fabulous 1930's style, is that there are only 4 pattern pieces! While I don't mind patterns with multiple detail pieces the fact that there are only 4 simple pieces makes the pattern making and cutting out process a breeze. I assembled and cut out the whole pattern in less than an hour and ended up finishing the pants in about a day (which only added up to be about 2-3 hours or less). 
The Linden Lady Palazzo Pants pattern is designed with three different styles/waistbands in which to choose from. The different views include a faced waistband with a lapped zipper, a high waist with a lapped zipper all the way to to top of the waistband, and a modified version of the high waste with bound button holes. 
I chose to make view #2 which had the high waistband. I decided to go with a light weight denim because I knew that a denim fabric would be a versatile style that would match a number of items in my closet. While I chose a light weight denim the pattern in designed for a variety of fabrics and prints so you can easily customize the pants to fit your style and needs. I also chose to make my pants in a size 6 which according to the size chart was the closest to my measurements, but I should have known that sizing up would have been a better idea because for some reason every time I use a pattern, the exact size I choose ends up being a little snug and I am forced to make adjustments. Therefore, I would say if you are going to stick to the 5/8ths seam allowance and your measurements are close to those on the size chart you might consider sizing up as it is easier to take in than out (however, I have this problem no matter the pattern I use). Also, since I am taller I decided to use the full length of the pants pattern and even added an extra inch to the bottom which turned out to be the perfect length for me. 
Furthermore, when it came to the pattern itself I loved how detailed the instructions were and I even loved the little exerpts of advice you can find from Brigid throughout the pattern that kind of act as encouragement and inspiration. The instructions are very detailed and if you ever get lost on what it is trying to say there are lovely and helpful hand sketched pictures throughout the instructions. I know for me I am very much a visual learner so I tend to skip the written instructions at times and rely on the illustrations. However, no matter if you are a visual or auditory learner the instructions and steps are very well written, thought out, and easy to follow! 
The fit of the pants is absolutely perfection as they are fitted at the waist and stay slightly fitted till they reach your natural hips and then they become free and loose fitting which adds a lovely since of dimension to the style. 
All in all I was thrilled with the finished product! Because of Brigid's attention to detail in her patterns the finished product is skillfully crafted to hide waste seams and unfinished ends which gives you a very professional looking pair of 1930's inspired Palazzo pants at the end. 
I know I will definitely be using this Brijee Pattern again with a different type of fabric and print and I can't wait to see that finished project. 
Have you  heard about or checked out Brijee Patterns before?
Have you made the Linden Lady Palazzo pants?
What do you think of this Palazzo Pants style?
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment