Stats

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Confessions of the Social Kind

Top: Thrifted
Skirt: I Made
Shoes: Modcloth (Salt Water Sandals)
Purse: Sam Moon "Melie Bianco" (same here
Earrings: stole from my sister (Forever 21)
**Pictures by Taylor (my sister)**
I have a confession.......when  I was in high school I was the girls who always did her persuasive speeches and papers on the same topic. What was the topic? I did every persuasive speech and paper on "Why Social Media is Bad" and I had a number of pro/con articles to back up my beliefs and ideas. Now that I look back on that I have to laugh because as a blogger social media is a HUGE part of my life now.....without it my blog would never have grown to reach the audiences and readers that it does (y'all are awesome by the way) and I have also come to meet and know a number of other talented and amazing bloggers and people through those outlets!
Maybe I was sooooooo against it all those years ago because it wasn't really that "big" of a thing as back then not a lot of teenagers had smart phones and wifi was still coming into play (wow.....writing all of that makes me feel sooooo old). However, while I wasn't allowed to have a social media account, which would have only been Facebook, (that was the "thing" back then) my parents wouldn't let me and honestly I was fine with that. I remember people asking me all the time if I had a Facebook and I would just be like "Um, no. I am not allowed to have one" and quite frankly I didn't ever want to be like "everyone else" in giving into the trend. However, as much as I was against social media a few years ago I often failed to realize the positive aspects of it! 
To be honest, if it wasn't for my blog I wouldn't have all the different social media accounts that I have HERE, but social media is such a key tool for the blogger world and I have truly grown to appreciate its positive aspects. Not only does it present us with different types of social media setups that each does a different thing, but it also allows us to connect and find others who share our same interests and even strike up a conversation with them. Therefore if I was only allowed to choose one social media I would hands down have to go with Instagram (hence the FAB bag!)! Not only does Instagram allow you to write long posts (which I like to do at times) but it also focuses on capturing life and telling a story strictly in pictures! Not only that, but nearly every blogger has an Instagram and it is a way for each of us to connect on a platform other than blogger and share our blogging lives through behind the scenes pictures, pictures from recent posts, and even a few goofy snap shots here and there. Through this platform I have gotten to know a number of different people/bloggers apart from their blogs and I love to see what is going on in other peoples lives and sometimes give a quick shout out in the comments :)
I always find it interesting to see how each person treats Instagram and how they use their creativity in taking pictures, styling, editing them, or creating a fun and cohesive feed. Instagram shows each persons uniqueness and captures that in the pictures they take and how they share their lives on their account, and for that my old viewpoint no longer exists. 
__________________________________________________________
Okay, now lets talk about this FAB bag!!!! I might have been squealing and jumping up and down in Sam Moon when I found this Instagram purse though I was just slightly torn when I also discovered an avacado purse, mermaid sea shell purse, and icecream cone purse.......but I think the Instagram purse won! It is truly the "perfect" summer accessory especially as a blogger and as someone who LOVES to use Instagram and might just take 10 minutes to set up the perfect picture (only sometimes.....) 
I can't get over how "summery" these pictures are with the checkered skirt, white picket fence, green grass, sandals, sunglasses and of course you can't forget your iced tea (it's a must for us Texans & Panera is a fave for me, my sister, and my best friend)! I will definitely be frequenting this spot for pictures in the summer though I know the heat and humidity will be a battle as it has already reached the high 90's here but the humidity makes it feel like the high 190's!!! 
I hope all of you are staying cool and enjoying your summer so far! 
Do you have a favorite bag/purse? Have you ever viewed social media like I used to? 
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment