Stats

Sunday, November 20, 2016

21 for 21

Hello and happy Monday lovelies! If any of you follow me on social media you probably noticed that I celebrated my birthday last Wednesday. I still can't believe that I turned 21......I feel like its one of those ages where you feel so old, but also so young and completely unready and unprepared for what the future holds (ahhhhh)! With that being said however, I wanted to do something a little different this year for my birthday. 
I couple of months ago I saw something on facebook from a girls who did 21 random acts of kindness for her 21st birthday and I thought that was such a brilliant and inspiring idea; thus I adopted it for my recent birthday and wanted to share it with you all today. 
I feel like in the world of the 21st century we often become so selfish and self absorbed that we don't take the time to appreciate others around us, or even simply just to show someone (even a stranger) that we care. Kindness has in some respects diminished in the world, but even in its rarity it is a true gem and light amidst a dark world. To be honest, the whole idea of doing some of the things on my list completely scares me (like buying someone lunch or coffee) but I believe that it is in those moments of dying to our own comforts and stepping outside of our comfort zone that we have the ability to make the GREATEST impact on people! 
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
- MARK TWAIN
    1. Buy someone coffee on campus (I actually just bought a lady coffee at starbucks today...she was completely surprised.....but I might also do it on campus)
    2. Buy someone's lunch.
    3. Brind DONUTS to the office on a Friday morning. 
    4. Handout flowers with encouraging phrases to girls on campus.
    5. Create encouraging mirror art in the bathroom of a building on campus (yes, that sounds like vandalism, but I promise it won't be)
    6. Leave sticky note encouragement in random places around campus. 
    7. Write and leave encouraging comments on blogs and or social media posts :)
    8. Text my college friends who live out of state or far away!
    9. Thank all of the maintenance crew and Janitors who keep my house clean and all the buildings on campus tidy. 
    10. Help someone with groceries (we shall see if this opportunity presents itself)
    11. Leave a BIG tip for a server at a restaurant! (I actually completed this one on Saturday)
    12. Let someone go ahead of me in line.....
    13. Put a tip in the tip jar at a coffee shop!
    14. Ask if someone needs anything when I run to the store. 
    15. Pick up trash and litter that I see when walking and throw it away. 
    16. Complement a stranger.
    17. Send "Thank You" notes to people who have helped me or do so much for others!
    18. Hold the door open for someone. 
    19. Bring cookies or a treat to a staff meeting. 
    20. Write letters to my family:)
    21. Smile at people that I pass / Strike up a conversation with the cashier at the grocery store (this means I can't go to self checkout).
How do you feel about random acts of kindness?
Have you ever done something like this?
Has someone ever done something like this for you?
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment