Stats

Thursday, November 17, 2016

I Can't Believe I'm In The Blogsphere!

 Skirt: Thrifted
Sweater: Thrifted
Shoes: Target (old)
Purse: Thrifted
Broach: Vintage
Glasses: c/o Firmo
Extra points and kudos to you if you know where the quote title is taken from! I think that will always be a favorite quote from Gilmore Girls because it seems so relevant to me as a blogger (and I just re-watched that episode a couple of weeks ago). But in all seriousness....who is getting EXCITED for the return of Gilmore Girls!!! I am counting down the days and planning a mini watch party with my sister who is coming back to school with me for a couple days after Thanksgiving. We are planning on having all of the Gilmore Girl worthy food and snacks such as pizza, Chinese food, other junk food, and LOTS of coffee, etc.... 
With that being said, I must say that a number of my fall ensembles lately have seemed very "Rory Gilmore" inspired, but let's be honest, her entire Collegiate Yale wardrobe is by far the most fabulous thing ever and so reminisce of our current weather and styles. From plaid skirts to sweaters and boots her Yale worthy looks are what we all dream of! Thus, I couldn't help thinking of Rory when I created this look. While it is more of a vintagy style, I feel like its the perfect representation of my own "personal" take on Rory's style! I can see her wearing this floral corduroy skirt and definitely this sweater, but for old time sake I added a vintage broach, oxford shoes, and scholarly glasses. To say I am a "little" in love with this combo is a complete understatements! I think at this time of year, as the season changes and the air cools off we all reach for those classic sweaters, plaid skirts, corduroy (if you have it) and boots. If you are in college (like me) you might even be inspired to take those fall styles and give them a scholarly edge with a cardigan, book bag, or glasses (like in this post). However, whatever your current style, season, or preference I think we can all agree that Gilmore Girls will never go out of style! Are you a Gilmore Girls fan? Do you like Rory's style? What are some of they styles you gravitate towards? -Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment