Stats

Thursday, March 10, 2016

//Bramblewood Thrifted// Day 1: Basics

Skirt: Thrifted (Austin Clothing Co.) Shirt: Thrifted (Old Navy) Belt: Thrifted Purse: Thrifted Shoes: Charlotte Ruse 
Day #1 for Ashley's blog event "Bramblewood Thrifted" 
If any of you follow Ashley over at her fabulous blog Bramblewood Fashion you totally should. However, on the note of Ashley's blog, she is hosting a blog event this weekend March 11- 13 th focusing on ensembles that are for the most part thrifted. I was super excited to be able to participate in her blog event this time and as an AVID thrifter even more excited to share ensembles with some of my favorite thrifted pieces. Therefore, this basic look is first up for the blog event! 
I found this old navy button up over a year ago, and while I don't wear it near as often as I would like I pulled it out the other day because it is just such a perfect basic piece. I love how you can roll up the sleeves and give the shirt a different look. On to this skirt which I absolutely ADORE! Back at the beginning of this year I was inspired by the 70's and I found this perfect button front skirt at Goodwill. Unfortunately as is the case with most skirts I had to take the skirt in at the waist just a bit (as can be seen in the picture above) but other than that it has become a favorite basic skirt because it is a solid color and goes with nearly everything in my closet. As for this purse, it has become my go to this past winter into the spring. I am a total sucker for brown/tan purses and this woven leather purse was just what I wanted......plus it has lots of room inside for all of my junk :) While this look is not really one that I wear a lot, simply because it is so simple, plain, and classic there are days that this is exactly what I need and want to wear. 
I hope you will tune in the next three/four days for the blog event and make sure to go check out Bramblewood Fashion to check out all of the other bloggers who are participating in the event! 
Do you ever have basic days?
What are your favorite basic pieces?
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment