Stats

Friday, March 11, 2016

//Bramblewood Thrifted// Day 2: Book Bags & Blues

Shirt: Thrifted (Old Navy) Skirt: Thrifted (Cold Water Creek) Sweater: Thrifted Belt: Sister's Shoes: Salt Water Sandals Bag: Hobby Lobby 
Happy Saturday Lovely readers and welcome to Day #2 of the Bramblewood Thrifted blog event! This ensemble was honestly quite inspired by this new book bag I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I have been wanting a cute canvas bag for books and other such things and this "Lets Go On An Adventure" bag is just what I needed. Thus, this ensemble was inspired by simplicity and classic comfort and would be a perfect look to wear to a market day. Oddly enough, the day over spring break that I wore this ensemble was actually one of my thrifting days, so I went thrifting in a thrifted look :) 
I picked this skirt up a while ago but I absolutely LOVE it and seem to wear it all the time, especially when I am having a fashion crisis moment because this skirt can go with nearly anything. I thought that since it was navy and white pin stripes it would go great with my denim button up and a cropped cream cardigan. Of course, as it is now spring, I couldn't help but pull out me Salt Water sandals and pair them with a matching tan belt. All in all this look is one of utter comfort mixed with a simple, classic look. 
I can't leave this post however with talking about my favorite thing about thrifting.....BOOKS!!! I used to just thrift for clothes but now every time I go into a thrift store I always seem to leave with a book, or two, or three, or four :) Seriously, my library is growing quite rapidly thanks to people who get rid of fabulous books and I get to buy them for dirt cheep at the thrift store. Most often the books I pick up are books I had already wanted to get and just happened to find at the thrift store, so double bonus there! Other times the books I get are ones that sound good. 
Until tomorrows post!
What is your favorite thing to thrift?
Have you ever thrifted books?
Do you have a canvas book bag?
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment