Stats

Sunday, March 13, 2016

//Bramblewood Thrifted// Day 4: In The Mood for 1940's

Dress: Thrifted (Liz Claiborne) Shirt: Thrifted (Express) Belt: Vintage Shoes: Thrifted (Target) Flower Pin: Gift
Welcome to the bonus day for Bramblewood Thrifted blog event. Even though creating this post for today meant using my entire morning to get ready and venture out on campus amongst a sea of people passing by as I tried to snap pictures and act "normal" I couldn't pass up the opportunity for the bonus Vintage day! It has been awhile since I posted a 1940's look (to long actually) and I have missed this decade dearly. The 1940's has always held a special place in my heart as the styles to me are always impeccable and red lipstick is my FAVE:) 
I picked up this dress earlier this semester at Goodwill and absolutely fell in love with it. The cut and tailoring of the dress are utter perfection and yield itself to looking like a 1940's dress even though it is Liz Claiborne (which I love). I thought it would be nice to layer this dress over a while collared shirt and boy will I be doing a lot more layering with this shirt because it totally gives the dress a different look. As per the 1940's many women liked to wear flowers pinned to their dresses as a way of making the dress look new and different even if it was old (due to the war). Thus, I thought this darling lace flower pin that I received as a birthday gift from a dear friend would be the perfect touch! I have never worn a flower pin on a dress before but like the layering of the collared shirt, this trick might have to be used more often as well. 
Nearly everything for this ensemble was thrifted except for the belt which is vintage and the pin which was a gift. The shoes are a pair of nude pumps I picked up at a thrift store last summer and they are the perfect pair of shoes for the spring when you need a pair of shoes to match everything! Oh.....and might I add that my new hair cut is quickly becoming a fave because of the look I get when it is curled! I always tried to get that perfect 1940's / 1950's short bob curl and now I know that short hair helps tremendously! 
All in all, most of my vintage inspired pieces in my wardrobe are thrifted. Some pieces I find at thrift stores are actual vintage pieces but other pieces are more modern but give a vintage feel and look which I absolutely LOVE! 
I hope you all enjoyed the last four days of posts!! I know I greatly enjoyed posting outfits every day and wish my blog could work more like this so fingers crossed somewhere in the near future this will be possible. Don't forget to visit Bramblewood Fashion for the last day of the event! 
Have you ever layered a collared blouse? 
Have you ever tried pairing a flower pin with a dress?
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment