Stats

Saturday, March 12, 2016

//Bramblewood Thrifted// Day 3: Colors of Spring

Dress: Thrifted (Brooks Brothers) Sweater: Thrifted (The Limited) Shoes: Payless (Old) Earrings: Target
Welcome to day #3 of the Bramblewood Thrifted blog event! I hope that you all are basking in the glory and beauty of God's majestic creation today as the birds sing his praises and the sun warms the earth. Since both of the ensembles I have done so far with this event have been on a more neutral and basic side I thought I would liven things up a bit with some cheery spring colors (but really I just grabbed this out of my closet in a hurry). As I mentioned in my previous post, I was able to do a bit of thrifting over spring break...yippie....and as a result of that this dress was one of my finds! 
I was very excited when I found this dress on the rack but even more excited that it actually fit me. I seem to always go for button up/collared shirts and dresses in the spring and summer, therefore this dress was perfect. I loved how simple it was (apparently I am on a simplicity kick) but it was also super classic. Because of the cut and color I feel like I can do a lot with this dress as well as make it versatile for multiple decades. This sweater on the other hand is a thrifted piece and is my go to in the spring because apparently the color seems to go with nearly every one of my dresses (which is odd since the color is a weird hue). I like to find short sleeve sweaters to wear with my spring dresses because there are a lot of days that I just don't feel comfortable wearing a dress without sleeves. 
All in all this look is pretty basic. I didn't even wear a necklace with it, only a pair of pearl earrings. However, I look forwards to playing with more combos when it comes to this dress of the spring and summer. Oh......and if you are wondering I did get my hair cut! It is much....much shorter than it was before (it might actually be the shortest I have ever had it) but so far it am liking how easy it is:) 
That is all for now lovely readers! Tomorrow (Monday) is a bonus day for the blog event and with focus on an thrifted outfit that is vintage or vintage inspired so here's to hoping I manage to get some pictures taken Monday morning. 
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment