Stats

Monday, July 11, 2016

French Quarter

Skirt: Vintage (Minnie's Menagerie)
Shirt: Thrifted
Shoes: Shoe Department
Bag: Sam Moon 
Belt: Thrifted 
(bear with the shakiness....I am still getting a hang of filming sights)
I have discovered (and decided) why you so often find bloggers in their local coffee shops……we need inspiration fueled cups of steaming coffee, chai lattes, or flavorful teas because it’s necessary to our survival and vital to our thought process in creating and writing posts (whose with me?).
I find myself severely lacking in energy right now, which does appear to be a slight oxymoron considering I am on vacation with my family. However, though we are in Florida and spending a considerable amount of time at the beach, exploring, and collecting shells, the early part of our day is spent at a baseball game. Thus, with late evenings arriving back at the hotel, early mornings rising, and hours spent in the sun ones energy becomes significantly drained after awhile. I thought it would be easy to blog while on vacation but I have realized it is a more challenging task than it first appeared. Nonetheless, I can’t help sharing some my adventures with you all (as they happen) because the sights so far have been wonderful and my camera has been quite happy!
In my lack of energy and coffee (though I might grab a mug back at the hotel?) I am tempted to let these pictures speak for themselves. However, let’s just say that the French Quarter yields lovely pictures and I FINALLY got a picture standing in a small city streetJ Since my sister is quite tired out of me asking her to take pictures ALL the time, I relied on my brother for these shots and they came out splendidly (he actually has a wonderful eye for photography)!
The architecture in the French Quarter is definitely very “French” with iron balconies, hanging plants, tiny streets, colorful walls, and old brick buildings. I loved seeing how each turn yielded new sights and buildings! It is definitely one of those places that you kind of have to put on your bucket list, so that is checked off for me.
Nevertheless, before I wrap up this post (I guess I regained some energy) I have to add that when my mom first told me we would be stopping off at the French Quarter on our way to Florida I immediately started planning an outfit. I knew that it had to be something fitting for the French Quarter and used the essence of being “French” as an inspiration J Thus, I settled on this darling black, green, and white striped skirt that was my grandmothers. This was its first outing and I am totally sold on its simplicity and pure vintage style. I paired the skirt with this embroidered cream blouse, a black belt, satchel style purse, vintage shades, and my new braided “T” strap sandals. It turned out to be the perfect combo for exploring and was actually quite cool (which is a bonus in the heat). 
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment