Stats

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Florida Travels

Swimsuit Top: Thrifted (Target regashioned by me)
Colottes: Gaurage Sale
Hat: Forever 21 (last summer)
Shoes: Hiking sandals
Bag: Hobby Lobby
After 20 hours in the car making our trek back to Texas, I am finally back home. While vacations are great and I love exploring new places it always feels so good to be back in your own room and sleep in your own bed!
Well, apparently my lack of energy did indeed keep me from blogging the rest of the time I was on vacation, so now its time to share the pictures and adventures with you all from the comfort of my own home. I have to say that Florida is now one of my favorite places I have visited so far in the US (and I have been to MANY states). While I am not much of an ocean girl, I adore sitting on the beach and reading, listening to the waves, and walking along the shoreline collecting shells. Apart from the beach itself , which was wonderful as I FINALLY got to see clear blue water for the first time, I love all the details of island life. 
Our first day to the beach, we decided to drive to Fort Meyers beach. The odd thing about Florida is that every beach is different in regards to the sand and water color. Therefore, when we got to Fort Meyers beach we were slightly disappointed as we were expecting clear blue water, but even though the water wasn't as pretty as we would have liked, the sand was so sparkling and white and the darling beach houses and condo's that lined the shore were a sight to take in. 
As someone who is used to going to the beach in Galveston Texas (which isn't that great), Florida thoroughly spoiled me with its tropical island appeal and I would definitely go back in a heartbeat. From the colorful beach houses, to the palm trees framed by crisp blue sky, it was everything I needed to fill my seaside dreams! 
Like I have said before, countless times, I am not much of an ocean girl, as I prefer to sit under an umbrella and read a good book. Therefore, my beach attire usually encompasses one of my swimsuits and a coverup, or in this case (above) a lovely pair of black culotte's and my trusty "Salt Water" sandals or my water sandals (pictured above). 
While we only went to Fort Meyers beach one day, it was still a wonderful snippet of what Florida had to offer and the rest of our trip was just as GREAT and I can't wait to share more with you in the coming week! 
Have you ever been to Florida (if so which beach did you go to)?
Do you like the island charm such as palm trees and beach houses?
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment