Stats

Sunday, September 18, 2016

New York, New York

Jacket: c/o Madewell
Pants: Thrifted
Shoes: Catos
Shirt: Vintage (Minnie's Menagerie)
Purse: Sam Moon
Broach: Vintage
**Today's post was made possible by Madewell who gifted me this denim jacket. All opinions are my own.**
Sometimes I think about what people in NY wear and I always seem to arrive at the conclusion that those in NY take a lot of creative liscense when it comes to fashion. With that being said, I have yet to visit New York, so that is definitely a stop on my bucket list one day! However, when you received a package straight from New York, NY you easily become filled with New York fashion inspiration and start dreaming of visiting that inspiring city. In light of traveling, I tend to dress for the places I am venturing to......I can't just wear ordinary clothes, I have this weird thing about me where I like my clothes (fashion) to match my surroundings in some way, shape, or form. Therefore, if I went to New York I think this look would be one that I would pull out and wear whilst being a wide eyed tourist! 
Seriously though, I can't get enough of this ensemeble! Remember me saying last week that I was going to try different things this fall....well this look is definitely one of those "different" things. Get ready for lots of denim appearances this fall because I am completely IN LOVE with the classiness of denim, especially this denim jacket from Madewell (aka. the fabulous package from NY) that I can't get enough of! I have always LOVED visiting Madewell or perusing their online store. Their selection of simple and versatile quality pieces, that retain a classic style throughout the years has always inspired me and drawn me to their brand. Not to mention that their jeans, jackets, and overalls are always the greatest one can find. Therefore, I can't say enough about the quality and sheer perfection of this denim jacket that will be a classic staple piece in my wardrobe for years to come. I wanted something unique to pair the Madewell denim jacket with, and therefore settled on a classic pair of brown cigaret paints with my vintage gingham button up. I finished off the look with my sued nude flats, a red purse, and a vintage broach. When I say this ensemble was something different for me, it is true, because I very rarely wear pants and when I do they are always a loose or flowy fit. Therefore, this style was a bit different for me, especially since I paired the classic pants with a denim jacket and collared button up. However, even with contrasting pieces they all pair perfectly together for a business meets modern, meets slightly edgy, meets classy look. The only thing that would make this look even more perfect would have been some darling novelty lapel pins on my jacket (definitely something for the future). Also, just an awesome reminder that if you have a valid college student ID you can get 15% off every time you buy something at a Madewell location (not valid online).....so make sure to take advantage of that if you frequently shop at Madewell! Are you a fan of Madewell? Do you ever mix things up that are different for you? What do you think about ones fashion for NY? -Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment