Stats

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Making The Cut

Dress: Lula Roe (Thrifted)
Purse: Thrifted
Shoes: Cato's
Watch: Sam Moon
Lapel Pin: Shop Luella
Earrings: Forever 21
**All Pictures By Me**
Person: "Did you do something different with your hair?" 
Me: "Yes, I cut bangs!"
(every comment from this past week)
SURPRISE! Well.....probably not that much of a surprise if you caught this weekends post or follow me on Instagram, but I took the plunge and cut bangs, and when I say "cut" I mean that I cut them myself......yes, you heard that right! 
Okay, so flash back to my Junior year of High School when I had hair down to my waist and decided to cut bangs (basically I was just copying Taylor Swift). However, when I decided to cut them the first time I failed to watch a really good tutorial and I totally did not know what I was doing! They didn't turn out horribly, but they were definitely to thick and not as flattering as I had imagined, thus after 6 months I decided to grow them back out. Three years later I have chopped off my hair to shoulder length, then went for long bob (which is back at shoulder length), and now I have gone for bangs again.....but here's the funny story!
I had been toying with the idea of bangs since spring break when I got my hair cut shorter (again I just see to be copying Taylor Swift's hairstyles), however I never could get up the nerve to go get them cut or find the exact style that I wanted. Then, last weekend one of my best friends was up at college staying with me and well....we decided to cut bangs. The sum of the story is that we sat down to do homework (which we both had a lot of) and 20 minutes later we found ourselves watching hair tutorials for cutting bangs, hopping in the car and buy scissors at Walgreens, and then proceeding to CUT BANGS!!! 
Thankfully, this time I knew what I was doing because I found some FABULOUS hair tutorials HERE and HERE (if you are thinking of cutting your own bangs check them out!). The fact is that I have always been one to cut my own bangs because every time I would get bangs (usually only side) cut at a salon I never liked them and I feel that when I cut them myself I have more control (plus I can't get upset if they turn out wrong). After having bangs for a week now, I am still getting used to them, but definitely LOVE how they change up my hairstyle and are truly perfect for fall!. 
Also, can we just talk about how FAB this Lula Roe dress (that I thrifted at Goodwill) is! Totally in love with the simple a classic silhouette which definitely pairs perfectly with my new "Introvert" lapel pin from Shop Luella, and this super fun and colorful satchel purse. 
Any of you toying with getting bangs?
Have you ever cut your own hair?
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment