Stats

Sunday, October 2, 2016

October Plans & Goals

Picture By Me
As October unfurls before me I can't help but be filled with anticipation for the coming season, but also sadness because I feel that my love for Fall is greatly overshadowed by the business of life and college. I remember growing up and having every season FILLED to the brim with fun activities, and the kid inside of me still wishes life could be that simple with pumpkin patches, pumpkin carving with my family, cooking pumpkin seeds, baking copious amounts of pumpkin chocolate chip muffins every week, dressing up for Fall Festivals, and other such joyous things. Yet, as the months fly by and the years start over every 365 days, life seems to always change....just like the changing of the seasons, and I can't help wishing that time could stop so that I can actually enjoy it for a change instead of getting caught up in the hustle and bustle.
Nevertheless, with October now upon us, I find myself dreaming of so many things I want to do this fall, but knowing that hardly any of them will actually come to fruition (sadly)......yet one can still dream. Therefore, with that being said here are my goals and plans for the month of October, but first here is a recap for the month of September: September Recap: So much has happened in September.....Litterally....WOW!!
  1. Considering that Pumpkin Spice Latte's came out at the beginning of last month I am sad to say I have only enjoyed their delectableness two times (it would have been four if Starbucks wasn't out those two times)
  2. I finally had the Pride and Prejudice Movie weekend with a few girls and not only did we watch the 5 hour Pride and Prejudice, but we then all decided to watch the 2 hour version afterwards.....
  3. I had been faithfully attending the large Thursday night college Bible Study we have at college and am thoroughly enjoying it (plus the Small group I have with it also).
  4. Also had a fun breakfast picnic with some friends at the historical park across from campus (hopefully that will come to the blog soon...)
October Plans:
  1. With the Fall FANATIC in me I will be drinking LOTS of Cinnamon Apple Spice tea because its literally fall in a cup.
  2. NEED to make some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins when I am home this weekend because I am craving that FAVORITE fall treat!
  3. Continue to attend the Bible study that I have been going to and keep up with the girls in my small group who are fabulous!
  4. Get more organized and on top of homework! While I don't have all that much work in my classes this semester I want to get ahead and study each subject more when I don't have homework for the class. 
  5. Give a 15 minute speech (this coming Thursday) in my presentation class on how to create and work with a capsule wardrobe (totally inspired by the fabulous Lauren of Chic Ethique)
  6. Going home this coming weekend for my siblings homecoming (my brother is the quarterback for the football team and I am the designated hair stylist and makeup artist for my sister)
  7. Take a road trip with my family to visit my 98 year old grandpa and also probably take a trip to the family farm. 
  8. Season 4 of Agents of Shield premiered two weeks ago and my College Bestie and I have a standing Wednesday afternoon viewing of the episode every week, where we freak out over the shocking occurances and fangirl over our favorite #ship!
  9. Hoping to take advantage of the beautiful weather when it is here so I would like to visit the park early one Saturday morning just to read and enjoy nature.
  10. If there was an apple orchard close to where I live (trust me, I have checked) than I would definitely take a day trip there for pictures and fall perfection, but sadly that is only a dream right now. 
  11. October is Halloween season and while I am one of those people who loves an excuse to dress up and create a costume I sadly have nowhere to wear it and also work that night so no costume this year....
  12. Seriously considering trying a Capsule Wardrobe for the month since I already created a "mock" capsule wardrobe as a presentation for one of my classes....what do you think??
October Goals:
  1. Still working through the same book I was reading last month so that book needs to get finished and I need to start a new one!
  2. READ #GIRLBOSS....totally can't wait to read this book, especially since it has been sitting on my desk for 2 weeks. 
  3. Continue to have the goal of meeting new people or talking to them (have actually met 3 people in my science class...yay!)
  4. Keep up a good blog schedule and try to take as many pictures on the weekends as I can. 
  5. Do anything and everything I can to enjoy and embrace fall amidst a busy schedule. 
  6. Film a fall makeup tutorial and possibly a hair tutorial.....
  7. Brainstorm new content for the blog (let me know if there is anything you would like to see!)
  8. Watch what I eat and try to be more health conscious as well as drink more water (which I have been better at)
What are some of your Plans or Goals for October?
What was a highlight of last month?
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment