Stats

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Gingham on The Porch

Skirt: The Skirtery 
Top: Made By Me
Shoes: Marshall's (Steve Madden)
Purse: Thrifted 
Headband: Old
Book: Somerset
This post might quickly become one of my favorite posts of ALL TIME because it brings all of my southern gingham dreams to life:) Recently I have been so inspired by all of the southern bloggers that I follow and their fabulous styles have been killer this season! Because of that I knew that with this southern inspired ensemble I had to visit a place that reminded me of the south, so I went back to the porch of the house in this post which was perfection. 
I don't know about you, but gingham is almost a neutral in my closet this season. Every time I don't know what to wear I always seem to reach for this skirt (available in my Etsy shop), and honestly it is probably the most styled piece on the blog (see it herehere, and here). This particular look is not exception since I now love this skirt even more after making this crop style blouse to pair with it, which really gives it a completely different look.  
I had some extra gingham fabric lying around and I decided to mix up my design by using two different sizes of gingham to create this retro, ruffle embellished top. This is actually the first time I have made a halter style top, and at first I was a bit unsure of how I would like it (and if it would be modest enough for me), but I am thrilled with how it turned out and the buttons up back are definitely my favorite part. 
Even though I might not be the most "southern" person or live in the most "southern" town, the culture, heritage, and history of the south have always inspired and intrigued me. Whether it is the styles, the traditions, food, or the houses I am all about what the south has to offer. One of my favorite things to do actually, is to visit old historic plantations whenever I travel. I can't tell you how many lovely southern plantations I have visited and I fall in love with the story and style of each one. Because of that, the book I am reading right now (Somerset) highly intrigued me because it is set in the 1800's before the Civil war, but during the Underground Railroad and deals with western expansion and Texas history which I am all about! Definitely the perfect summer read and might have even inspired this look and shoot a bit ;)
Anyone else obsessed with Gingham this season?
Are you a fan of southern history like me?
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment