Stats

Thursday, January 14, 2016

4 Lazy Day Styles

Lets start with a story shall we......it all started this cheery Friday morning as I sat up in bed. I looked at my clock and realized i had slept past my alarm (turns out the volume was down). Then I started planning out what I would get done before I had class....thinking that class wasn't until 2:00 pm. Then it dawned on me....class was at 10:00 am and it was almost 9:00 am!!! My mind immediately jumped into "get ready as fast as you can without looking like you just got out of bed" mode and I started scrambling around my room!!! 
Needless to say I ended up going to class wearing a comfy oversized sweater (yesterdays Goodwill find), skinny jeans, combat boots, red lipstick, and a felt hat to top it off since I didn't have time to do my hair. However, that got me thinking about what I can easily do with my hair in a short amount of time or when in a rush and I came up with these four choices: 
pin it, spout it, knot it, or top it. 
I call this "pin it" and it is easy peasy and looks great for most any occasion. All you have to do is pin a small section of hair back on each side. This style is very similar to a half-up but looks a lot more put together. I have been wearing this style quite frequently the last couple of weeks and love how it lets me wear my hair down straight, natural, or curly without it being in my face. 
This style is what I call "spout it" as it looks quite like a whale spout! Now, I will admit that I don't wear this style as often as I do others, but for those of you who like something a little more modern and edgy this would be perfect! Just pull a small section of hair on top of your head and secure it with a hair tie. After you have secured it with the hair tie make sure to pull your hair tight and give the "spout" some volume . 
Number 3 is what we all know as the "top knot." This style is my go to on lazy days when I don't want to do anything with my hair. Oddly though, while top knots often looks easy to secure, it often takes me at least five tries and a few bobby pins to get it right. However, I will say that since my hair is shorter now I have found it much easier to execute. 
Lastly, we have the easiest and my current favorite Lazy Day style...."top it" off with a hat! We always see people who throw on a ball cap when they are having a bad hair day or don't have time to do their hair, but throwing on a felt hat is extra Chic! I will say that this look is a current trend in fashion and style throughout the magazines.....I don't see it as often on campus (more ball caps), but when your ensemble consists of something a little more trendy than a tshirt and jeans than a felt hat is the way to go:)
Therefore, the next time you find yourself crunched for time or only having 45 minutes to get ready for class these are 4 easy options that will work with most hair type and length for a quick, easy, and chic hairstyle. 
Are any of these styles ones you have tried before?
Which one would you wear most?
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment