Stats

Friday, January 8, 2016

Mustard & Meetups

 Hello again dear readers and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Well.....I promised outfit pictures from our family trip to Branson, sadly I captured only one outfit that is blog worthy (picture wise). However, as much as I truly did love the combination of this ensemble there was something even more exciting than the outfit that day.....a blogger meetup (can you guess who it is?)
I must say that is was quite lovely leave the somewhat sweltering state of Texas in December as the weather was 80 degrees and traveling a couple of states up to Branson Missouri to enjoy 30 and 40 degree weather (I will not complain about the cold for I had been missing it). This was my first trip to Branson Missouri and boy was it such fun! Apart from the quaint downtown shopping district with all the ever lovely antique shops and flea markets we also went to a number of shows and visited the Titanic Museum.
For those of you who are not familiar with Branson Missouri, it is a lovely vacation and tourist spot (most often filled with a number of older adults and retired coupled). However, Branson is most known for its shows ranging from grand productions of Bible stories to musical concerts to country jamborees. While there we attended the Baldknobbers show, The Haygoods, the Titanic Exhibit, visited Silver Dollar City and while there saw a fabulous musical production of "It's A Wonderful Life." We were in Branson through Christmas and returned back on the 1st. Then it was back off to college for me on the 6th as I had RA training.
Sweater: Target Skirt: Thrifted Tights: Old Navy Socks: Five Below Shoes: Thrifted Coat: Thrifted (Forever 21) Scarf: Target Belt: Thrifted Gloves: a gift
 Okay, enough about my trip and on to the exciting part of this post, my blogger meet up! 
A few days before we left for Branson I posted a picture on Instagram and mentioned I would be traveling to Branson Missouri. As a result of that post Emileigh of Flashback Summer contacted me and said that if I had any free time we should totally meet up. I was so thrilled to hear from her and immediately began to figure out a time and place we could meet up and visit. 
On Wednesday we went to visit the HUGE Bass Pro in Springfield Missouri, which just so happens to be in the same town that Emileigh lives in, and she was able to meet me there. 
It has definitely been wonderful meeting so many wonderful ladies through the "blogsphere" but it is not every day that you are actually able to meet them in person. Therefore it was such a treat to meet Emileigh face to face and visit with her about life, blogging, vintage, and sewing! We talked for a good two hours over coffee and hot cocoa and I must say it was so delightfully different to discuss my passions for vintage, sewing, and blogging with someone who understands what I am talking about and shares the same passions as well. We both expressed our disappointment that there were not more vintage loving and wearing people where we both lived, which made our meet up extra exciting:) 
Emileigh is truly a delightful person and so wonderful to talk to. I loved hearing all about how she started her blog, the places around Springfield where she has found vintage treasures, and also about her upcoming sewing projects. The day was definitely well spent. However, we couldn't leave without snapping a few pictures around Bass Pro...hehe:)
While at Bass Pro you might as well pose with the stuffed Bear:)
Can we just take a moment to say how amazing Emileigh's ensemble is!!! She dressed perfectly vintage for visiting Bass Pro and I must say I might be inclined to copy her sometime:) She totally rocks head scarves! 
All in all our trip was great and the cold was definitely enjoyed even if we froze some days:) However, getting to meet up with Emileigh was definitely a wonderful experience and I am so glad the blogger meet up worked out for both of us:)
Have you ever done a blogger meet up?
Have you ever visited Branson?
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment