Stats

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Hipster Coffee Spots

 Last summer our town got the cutest and most fabulously hipster coffee shop called Jane and John Dough's and it has quickly become the "spot" that all the homeschoolers, hipsters, and college students in our area go to hang out, do Bible studies, or work on homework. Up until recently the only coffee place we had was a Starbucks, but there is just something special about those "one of a kind" coffee shops/bakeries that are tucked in the corner of town and give an ambience like no other coffee shop can give. 
Every time I visit the coffee shop I can never get over the little details that make it one of my favorite places! Whether it be the hand written menu, stamped coffee cups, eclectic furniture or flowers. Though I was only able to capture the outside feel of the place the other day I will have to capture the interior next time because it is soooooo perfect! 
Ever since my first visit to Jane and John Dough's it quickly became my go to when my friends and I wanted a place to hang out, catch up, or meet for a Bible study. Thus, now that all of our spring semesters are finished yesterday seemed like a perfect day to visit our favorite spot and catch up on all that has happened over our semesters. Over Lattes and baked goods we laughed and listened to each others stories and soaked in the time we had to spend together. 
It is often hard when you reach college age and everyone goes in different directions. Sometimes you can loose touch with everyone, but thankfully I am blessed with a group of friends that still manage to stay in touch here and there in the midst of our busy lives; and even when we go five months without seeing each other we still manage to pick up where we left off which is such a blessing. 
I must admit that I am becoming one of those blogger/photographer enthusiasts that totes her camera everywhere she goes and is constantly snapping pictures (even if that means standing on your chair for ten minutes). While I might look like a complete nut and my friends might get tired of me forcing them to smile, be normal as I take candid shots, or even make them take pictures of me, the more chances I get to take pictures the more comfortable I will become with using my camera in a variety of settings and therefore the better I will become at increasing my photography skills. I think that is one thing I am looking forward to this summer, in doing more photography! 
Do you have a unique coffee shop in your town?
Are you able to stay in contact with any of your college friends/friends who live elsewhere?
Are you someone who carries their camera around with them?
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment