Stats

Sunday, May 15, 2016

My Visit to Modcloth IRL

Top: Thrifted
Skirt: Minnie's Menagerie (Vintage)
Belt: Thrifted
Purse: Thrifted (Vintage)
Necklace: Vintage
Shoes: Modcloth (Salt Water Sandals) 
**Pictures by my sister Taylor**
Where do I even begin, because visiting Modcloth IRL in Austin this past weekend was a total DREAM!!!! As a HUGE Modcloth fan, when I found out that they were coming to Austin I was beyond thrilled and decided right away that I would most definitely have to take a trip down to the bustling city and visit the shop. 
I have to say that first, simply driving by the store front and seeing the sign that said "MODCLOTH" and noticing all of the colorful pieces in the window displays made me giddy with excitement! Not only was it exciting to visit the Modcloth IRL as a Modcloth fan, but visiting it as a blogger was such fun......it was like stepping into a vintage style bloggers paradise :) I loved seeing all of the prints and colors and being able to actually touch pieces that I have only ever seen online. Now, the "Fit Shop" does not have everything that you would typically find online at Modcloth. For the most part the main pieces in the shop were those which were the actual Modcloth Label. Therefore, in choosing predominately the Modcloth label pieces they provided shoppers with a small collection of pieces that were very classic in their silhouettes and unique in their prints. 
I loved their method for shopping. You picked up a small clipboard when you walked in and whenever you found a piece that you liked and wanted to try on, you would write down the name, product number and size. Then when you were finished shopping you would give your list to a Mod Stylist (all of whom were lovely people with the most fabulous style) and they would pull all the pieces for you and place you in a dressing room to try on clothes till your hearts content! 
I think my favorite part about visiting Modcloth IRL was yes, being able to touch and feel the fabrics and quality of all the garments, but it was also great to try on pieces that I have seen online and wondered what sizes would work for me. I tried on three lovely skirts and chose to purchase the most eccentric printed skirt (coming to the blog this summer) because it was Modcloth and you might as well get something "one of a kind" (at least that was my reasoning)! I was also able to try on their vintage polka dot one piece swimsuit which I have swooned over and wanted for years. While I did not purchase it this past weekend, it truly fit like a dream and if I ever do decide to order it online I will know the perfect size to order. 
I CANNOT WAIT to share with all of you the darling and adorable and eccentric and one of a kind FABULOUS skirt I bought from Modcloth!!! It is truly the BEST SKIRT EVER and also slightly of an oxymoron in regards to me when you see the print......LOL! Therefore, as soon as summer rolls around and I am able to find a body of water or beach to take pictures at the skirt will make its debut on the blog (so get ready and stay tuned)! 
Make sure to check out the Modcloth IRL tour schedule to see where they are going next!! 
Have you ever bought anything from Modcloth?
Do you ever bought something "one of a kind" or accentric because of the brand & memories?
Have you checked out the Modcloth Label styles?
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment