Stats

Monday, August 1, 2016

Market Street

Dress: Old Navy via. Goodwill
Scarf: Vintage
Earrings: Forever 21
Watch: Sam Moon
Purse: Sam Moon
Sunglasses: FiveBelow
Shoes: Shoe Department
I LOVE shopping days! This past Saturday my sister and I decided to have a quick shopping day in the afternoon. We both had $10 off coupons to Charming Charlie's that we wanted to use and I wanted to make a run to Sam Moon. I always treasure the times my sister and I get to spend together, especially since I am moving back up to college in a week and will not see her nearly as much. Thus, shopping has always been our "thing" even if it is just window shopping or trying on fancy dresses at department stores. 
This past Saturday I kind of had a shopping agenda (one thing really) because I was in search of a red purse! Therefore, Sam Moon was my stop to find one and boy were there a great selection of red purses. Apart from finding a darling red purse, I also picked up this fun and colorful straw purse (above) for $3 and a classic watch (which I was in desperate need of). Of course when you buy two new purses you kind of have to pick one for the pictures you are planning to make your sister take while you all are in a fancy part of the city..LOL!
One of the bigger malls near us has a charming shopping center across the street from it called "Market Street," and when I say charming, I mean its basically like its own little high end downtown complete with fancy restaurants, Tiffany & Co, Kate Spade, Starbucks, etc. I always feel so high end when I go there (not that I spend money) and pretend to be an uptown girl for the day....its kind of fun to play along ordering Starbucks (the new Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato is pretty GREAT!), and walking through the shops even if it's only for an hour.  
With the Texas summer heat and humidity in full swing down here, the days are often quite sweltering. This stripped Old Navy dress that I thrifted from Goodwill has been on the repeat lately (I wore it 4 days in a row last week #noshame) because it is the comfiest thing ever, is STRIPED, and is actually a decent length for my long legs. 
As I have mentioned before, the 1960's has been a summer inspiration of mine and this ensemble was no exception! While I quickly threw this look together before heading off for our shopping day, I have to say it turned out very much inspired by Nicole from Writes Like a Girl, because lets be honest, here style is pretty great and she can rock the neck scarf!
I have been trying to experiment lately with different styles, trends, and accessories that I see other fabulous bloggers sporting and this neck scarf was one of those experiments. Aside from the neck scarf (which I am totally now a fan of) this ensemble was full of so many prints, from my sunglasses, scarf, dress, and purse.....but mixing prints is one of the funnest things to do in fashion and gives you a lot of creative license. Have you every experimented with new styles? Do you like prints on prints? -Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment