Stats

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Touring Estates

Top: Thrifted
Skirt: Thrifted
Shoes: Marshalls (Steve Madden)
Belt: Vintage
Sunglasses: Sam Moon
Purse: Sam Moon
Happy Friday! I hope you readers have had a great week. My week has been busy with RA training at school and getting settled into my room. However, I still had this set of photos from our Florida trip that I was planning on sharing with you all. 
Whenever our family travels we (my mom and I) LOVE to visit old estates or the estates of famous people. Literally every state we visit we tour at least 1 house. In Florida we visited the winter Estates of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford. Did you know that they were actually super good friends and colleagues? Their winter estates are also side by side so they were also neighbors. It was so cool see where they spent their winters, but also to see their workshops, labs, and inventions. Both Edison and Ford were brilliant men and their inventions and fame would not have been possible without the other. 
However, apart from the great men who lived in the houses, the houses themselves were beautiful. The architecture was so perfect for an island home in Florida and both estates are backed by water. Furthermore, the estates were covered in different plants, flowers, and fruit trees, which was so intriguing to see. 
I chose to wear this darling strawberry top because a fruit print top seemed perfect for Florida and estates that boasted fruit trees everywhere you looked. I paired the top with a simple denim button front skirt, a yellow vintage belt, white sandals, and my handy travel purse. This ensemble was perfect for the island heat and a day of touring.
Have you ever visited Ford and Eddison's winter estates? 
Do you like to tour estates?
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment