Stats

Monday, October 24, 2016

A Little Pumpkin

Skirt: Forever 21
Shirt: J Crew (Thrifted)
Sweater: Thrifted
Tights: Target
Socks: Forever 21
Shoes: Thrifted
The leaves are now falling more frequently and settling on the ground in layers of crisp sheets and crunch as you walk upon their papery shapes. Even though the trees have not faded into their golden hues just yet, the ground looks like fall has arrived and that is something to smile about:) With fall and the closing of October comes Halloween, pumpkins, and Jack-O-Lanterns in all the colors of orange. As the end of October draws closer I am reminded of all the traditions we have as a family. When it reaches this time of year we always go and pick out pumpkins and promptly go home to carve them, each characteristic of our own personalities:) We also love to save the pumpkin seeds to roast them in the oven....such a yummy fall treat! Sadly, this year will be a bit different as I will not be home to carve pumpkins with my family and make all of our favorite fall treats together. 
Thus, since I will not be home to carve pumpkins with my family I decided to pick up a pumpkin for myself last time I was at the store:) A few friends and I were planning on carving pumpkins this week so we shall see if that still happens.....even if it doesn't I have a lovely orange pumpkin to remind me of happy fall memories. Of course I had to utilize the pumpkin as a photo prop and what better ensemble to wear than one that includes what I like to call my "pumpkin shirt!" 
I picked up this blouse at a thrift store last fall because it was J Crew and 100% silk, and while I don't wear it all that often, I have always loved its ruffles and orange/golden color and always pull it out in the fall. Since the weather is getting somewhat cooler I paired the silk blouse with a pleated wool skirt that I have had for a few years and finished it off with layered tights and socks, ankle boots, and a cream sweater. 
What are some of your fall traditions?
Do you like carving pumpkins?
-Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment